IX Miglio Rosso | LAZIO IGT ROSSO
The grapes varieties composing this wine are Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese; they are grown in the sunniest lots of our vineyard at the IX mile of the ancient Appian Way, so that they reach a complete maturation. It is a very nice wine which can be drunk shortly after bottling and it is very pleasant with its marked character: particularly fruity, it has fresh and lively perfume, joined by spicy notes coming from the blending. Another typical feature is saltiness, due to the mineral soil of Riserva della Cascina.
- Grapes: Merlot, Sangiovese and Montepulciano.
- Wine-making: 10-12 days fermentation with grape skins, temperature aorund 18° C.
- Colour: ruby red.
- Bouquet: fine and intense, with notes of red and black berry fruit, balsamic nuances and inklings of tobacco, liquorice and iron-like minerality.
- Taste: dry, warm, soft, quite fresh and tasty, full.
- Food matching: perfect with red meat, seasoned cheese and salami, ham, cold cuts, vegetable soups. Serving temperature is 14-16°C.